[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Dell/Neomagic chipset/graphics - it works!

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2000
      On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:40:52 -0500, you wrote:

      >Can I get you to send to this list(for benefits to others) your setup for
      >sound? Even though it's a different chip, might help me with mine.

      alas the laptop it was running on is no longer in my possession, so I can't help
      :-(

      Neil
    • Phillip Corbin
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
        Gentelmen, I have a cpi A400XT and it video works pretty good but I am
        having difficulty getting the port/dock to work with the external
        monitor. Any ideas? I'm using Caldera 2.3.

        neil <nei-@...> wrote:
        =345
        > On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:54:39 -0800, you wrote:
        >
        > >Well done. I have spent serval hours playing and was starting to
        think
        > >that the info the we have was wrong.
        >
        > sound works on neomagic AV256 - I had it ruinning for 3 months, quite
        happily.
      • Paul Gilligan
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
          Well I have given up playing with the XF86Config
          files. No too happy with the poor config options.

          I have tried the demo from http://www.xig.com/
          wonderfull!! Now I have full use of the video card so
          I have bought a copy.

          Now I have re-installed RedHat 6.1 and about to patch
          the kernel to 2.2.3 which it is said has a fix for the
          Neo magic sound.

          Then I will try and build up a 2.2.13 kernel of my own
          to include the latest pc card drivers(pcmica stuff).

          I am using Dell Bios A05, and a docking station will
          arrive soon... so here goes for more fun.

          (I will be connecting the laptop through the docking
          station to a solaris intel server for home dev - I
          will be trying network booting)

          Paul

          article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?start

          http://click.egroups.com/1/1156/3/_/4243/_/950194911/

          > -- Easily schedule meetings and events using the
          > group calendar!
          > --

          http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=linux-dell-laptops&m=1

          http://im.yahoo.com
        • Neil
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
            On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:01:22 -0800, you wrote:

            >Gentelmen, I have a cpi A400XT and it video works pretty good but I am
            >having difficulty getting the port/dock to work with the external
            >monitor. Any ideas? I'm using Caldera 2.3.

            There's an option somewhere you need to set - display = "_internal" or something
            like that.