[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Dell/Neomagic chipset/graphics - it works!

  • Robert MacDonald
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2000
      I've been working on this - quite unsuccessfully. I've got a CPt with
      a NeoMagic 256ZX.

      Can I get you to send to this list(for benefits to others) your setup for
      sound? Even though it's a different chip, might help me with mine.

      Big TIA,
      Robert

      - -
      Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer
      G o r d o n F o o d S e r v i c e
      Voice: +1.616.261.7987 email: rmacdonald@...

      On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:54:39 -0800, you wrote:

      >Well done. I have spent serval hours playing and was starting to think
      >that the info the we have was wrong.

      sound works on neomagic AV256 - I had it ruinning for 3 months, quite happily.

      GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
      as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
      Apply NOW!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/967/3/_/4243/_/949494556/

      -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/linux-dell-laptops/?m=1
    • Neil
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2000
        On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:40:52 -0500, you wrote:

        >Can I get you to send to this list(for benefits to others) your setup for
        >sound? Even though it's a different chip, might help me with mine.

        alas the laptop it was running on is no longer in my possession, so I can't help
        :-(

        Neil
      • Phillip Corbin
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
          Gentelmen, I have a cpi A400XT and it video works pretty good but I am
          having difficulty getting the port/dock to work with the external
          monitor. Any ideas? I'm using Caldera 2.3.

          neil <nei-@...> wrote:
          =345
          > On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:54:39 -0800, you wrote:
          >
          > >Well done. I have spent serval hours playing and was starting to
          think
          > >that the info the we have was wrong.
          >
          > sound works on neomagic AV256 - I had it ruinning for 3 months, quite
          happily.
        • Paul Gilligan
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
            Well I have given up playing with the XF86Config
            files. No too happy with the poor config options.

            I have tried the demo from http://www.xig.com/
            wonderfull!! Now I have full use of the video card so
            I have bought a copy.

            Now I have re-installed RedHat 6.1 and about to patch
            the kernel to 2.2.3 which it is said has a fix for the
            Neo magic sound.

            Then I will try and build up a 2.2.13 kernel of my own
            to include the latest pc card drivers(pcmica stuff).

            I am using Dell Bios A05, and a docking station will
            arrive soon... so here goes for more fun.

            (I will be connecting the laptop through the docking
            station to a solaris intel server for home dev - I
            will be trying network booting)

            Paul

            article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?start

            http://click.egroups.com/1/1156/3/_/4243/_/950194911/

            > -- Easily schedule meetings and events using the
            > group calendar!
            > --

            http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=linux-dell-laptops&m=1

            http://im.yahoo.com
          • Neil
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
              On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:01:22 -0800, you wrote:

              >Gentelmen, I have a cpi A400XT and it video works pretty good but I am
              >having difficulty getting the port/dock to work with the external
              >monitor. Any ideas? I'm using Caldera 2.3.

              There's an option somewhere you need to set - display = "_internal" or something
              like that.