Re: Modem and internet Configuration.

  • franchuk@interbaun.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 11:18 AM
      The internal modems in the I8k are winmodems. Most winmodems are not
      supported in Linux. However, those that are (so called LinModems) are
      listed at http://www.mobilix.org/modem_linux.html or at
      http://www.linmodems.org . You should be able to find out if the 3Com
      is supported and, if so, how to install and configure it.

      Good Luck
      cam

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., ezouanet@n... wrote:
      > Can somebody help me to install and configure my 3com mini-pci 56k
      V90 modem with linux. I don't know how to do it. I always need to come
      in windows enviroment to use my internet connection. I want to do it
      in Linux enviroment to have some help quickly. I've got an Inspirion
      8000.

      > Thanks !
      > --
      > |------------------------|
      > |Ingénieur Informaticien |
      > |Personal Email         |
      > |------------------------|
      > Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
      http://webmail.netscape.com/
    • Matt & Miriana
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11 1:47 PM
        I am working on this as well. I am confident that our 3Com is
        supported. A driver is available for it anyways. Go to
        www.support.dell.com, and search for linux modem in the driver area
        after you have given them you system code. The driver for Redhat 7.0
        should come up.

        I wish I could be more help, but I can't seem to get beyon the "Modem
        is busy" message either.

        Hope this helps a bit,
        Matt