Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Maestro 3 works with latest ALSA drivers

  • Steve Cassidy
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 1, 2001
      On Monday 26 March 2001 14:25, laseryq@... wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I got an error message when I compiled the alsa-driver-0.5.10.
      > It said:
      >
      > wavefront.c: In function 'wavefront_wait':
      > wavefront.c:307: structure has no member named 'loops_per_sec'

      I got this when compiling an older version of alsa on debian potato.
      loops_per_sec isn't defined in 2.2.18pre21 but wavefront.c now contains the
      line:

      #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,2,18) && LINUX_VERSION_CODE <
      KERNEL_VERSION(2,3,0)
      #define loops_per_sec loops_per_jiffy*HZ
      #endif

      you might need to check that this is being triggered.

      I just built the newer alsa module and now get this error when trying to
      start things up:

      Starting sound driver: snd-card-maestro3
      /lib/modules/2.2.18pre21/misc/snd-card-maestro3.o: init_module: Device or
      resource busy
      Hint: this error can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
      invalid IO or IRQ parameters

      the parameters referred to in the earlier message didn't include IRQ and IO
      parameters, are the required and what might sensible values be?

      Steve