RE: Hardware buttons

  • Warren Dodge
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 3:38 PM
      Some of the extra buttons are actually part of the keyboard and can be made
      to work with a little effort. On my machine I use them to launch the
      browser, email, etc.

      On an i8000 they keys that work are:
      * Dell logo / Play/pause
      * "i" / Stop
      * "1" / Rewind
      * "2" / Fast Forward
      The sound volume up and down buttons are not real keys.

      There was an article on setting this up a few weeks ago, but I can't find
      that particular one. Here's another which is less comprehensive, but should
      work fine:
      http://www.linuxdude.co.uk/docs/Special-Keys/index.html

      Good luck.

      Warren