Windows question

  • David Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2001

      I know that this is a linux forum, and the question is related
      to Windows (mainly), but I just wonder if someone knows this.

      I use windows sparingly (about once or twice a week) but I am
      getting the feeling that the system is dieing (It won't start any MS
      Office program - only tried twice PowerPoint and Word, device drivers
      change by themselves - mouse/touchpad/PS2 port disapears and comes back)
      So I figured that the best thing would be deleting it and reinstalling
      from the dell CD, but I don't know whether the recovery CD will run
      over my linux partitions, where I do have data.

      Does anyone know how the recovery CD works? Does it repartition
      and reformat the HD? Will it complain because I shrinked the Windows
      partition? and the most important: will it kill my linux system?

      Thanks for your info, and again sorry for the out of topic
      question,

      David

      David Rodríguez Ibeas Undergraduate Living Form
      University of Iowa Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
      Electrical & Computer Engineering E.T.S.I. Telecomunicación
      Iowa City, IA Madrid, Spain
    • Lee Sheng
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2001
        I have used the recovery CD that came with my i3800, and if I recall
        correctly there are several options for the recovery. I believe that there
        is a full recovery, partition recovery, and a windows reinstall option. The
        windows reinstall option definately doesn't do anything to your linux
        install, though it might not fix your problems, but is worth a shot anyways.

        Hope this helps.

        Lee