Re: [linux-dell-laptops] intel 82559 driver

  • jsc3@havoc.gtf.org
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2001
      > On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Barry BURNEREAU wrote:
      >
      > > I'm looking for the driver for the internal network card (mini pci, intel
      > > 8255X)
      >
      > IIRC the key word here is mini pci. AFAIK you need a kernel patch to
      > enable support.

      No offense intended, but I think you are wrong. Mini-pci seems to look
      like PCI to the kernel. I did not have to do any patches or anything
      at all really with this card and Redhat 7.0 on my i8K. It just worked,
      and it works well, I might add - I am able to saturate a 100 MB full-duplex
      link (in one direction, I doubt the acks are saturating the other direction)
      when using scp to copy highly compressed multi-hundred megabyte files
      to/from a Sun E450.

      --
      John Cronin