[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Dell/Neomagic chipset/graphics - it works!

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2000
      On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:54:39 -0800, you wrote:

      >Well done. I have spent serval hours playing and was starting to think
      >that the info the we have was wrong.

      sound works on neomagic AV256 - I had it ruinning for 3 months, quite happily.
    • Robert MacDonald
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2000
        I've been working on this - quite unsuccessfully. I've got a CPt with
        a NeoMagic 256ZX.

        Can I get you to send to this list(for benefits to others) your setup for
        sound? Even though it's a different chip, might help me with mine.

        Big TIA,
        Robert

        - -
        Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer
        G o r d o n F o o d S e r v i c e
        Voice: +1.616.261.7987 email: rmacdonald@...

        >>> Neil <neil@...> 02/02/00 07:27AM >>>
        On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:54:39 -0800, you wrote:

        >Well done. I have spent serval hours playing and was starting to think
        >that the info the we have was wrong.

        sound works on neomagic AV256 - I had it ruinning for 3 months, quite happily.

        GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
        as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
        Apply NOW!
        http://click.egroups.com/1/967/3/_/4243/_/949494556/

        -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/linux-dell-laptops/?m=1
      • Neil
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2000
          On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:40:52 -0500, you wrote:

          >Can I get you to send to this list(for benefits to others) your setup for
          >sound? Even though it's a different chip, might help me with mine.

          alas the laptop it was running on is no longer in my possession, so I can't help
          :-(

          Neil
        • Phillip Corbin
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
            Gentelmen, I have a cpi A400XT and it video works pretty good but I am
            having difficulty getting the port/dock to work with the external
            monitor. Any ideas? I'm using Caldera 2.3.

            neil <nei-@...> wrote:
            =345
            > On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:54:39 -0800, you wrote:
            >
            > >Well done. I have spent serval hours playing and was starting to
            think
            > >that the info the we have was wrong.
            >
            > sound works on neomagic AV256 - I had it ruinning for 3 months, quite
            happily.
          • Paul Gilligan
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
              Well I have given up playing with the XF86Config
              files. No too happy with the poor config options.

              I have tried the demo from http://www.xig.com/
              wonderfull!! Now I have full use of the video card so
              I have bought a copy.

              Now I have re-installed RedHat 6.1 and about to patch
              the kernel to 2.2.3 which it is said has a fix for the
              Neo magic sound.

              Then I will try and build up a 2.2.13 kernel of my own
              to include the latest pc card drivers(pcmica stuff).

              I am using Dell Bios A05, and a docking station will
              arrive soon... so here goes for more fun.

              (I will be connecting the laptop through the docking
              station to a solaris intel server for home dev - I
              will be trying network booting)

              Paul

              article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?start

              http://click.egroups.com/1/1156/3/_/4243/_/950194911/

              > -- Easily schedule meetings and events using the
              > group calendar!
              > --

              http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=linux-dell-laptops&m=1

              http://im.yahoo.com
            • Neil
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
                On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:01:22 -0800, you wrote:

                >Gentelmen, I have a cpi A400XT and it video works pretty good but I am
                >having difficulty getting the port/dock to work with the external
                >monitor. Any ideas? I'm using Caldera 2.3.

                There's an option somewhere you need to set - display = "_internal" or something
                like that.