sound under KDE2

  • abiastoch@ucsd.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2001
      Hi,

      I installed SuSE 7.1 on my notebook Dell Inspiron 4000
      After the successfull installation (which was easy) I
      used the ALSA sound driver to support the Maestro3i soundcard.

      The driver is loaded automatically at boot time and I am able to
      hear KDE sounds when logged in as root. I am also able to play
      soundfiles with aplay as a regular user but don't hear any sound
      under KDE (neither system sounds nor playing a CD).

      My configuration in the sound tab under KDE (I am using KDE 2.1
      as provided by SuSE) is the same as that under root.
      What could be the possible causes? What am I missing here?

      Thanks for any tips.
      -Arne