Re: [linux-dell-laptops] rehat7 install problem

  • jsc3@havoc.gtf.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28 5:50 AM
      > I just got a Dell inspiron 8000. When I installed the redhat7 into my
      > computer, everything went well during the installation; however, when
      > I restarted the computer, I got the following error message:
      >
      > Aiee, killing interupt handler
      > Kernal panic: Attempted to kill the idel task!
      > in interupt handler- not syncing
      >
      > I thought it may due to the USB mouse (Optical from inland) or the
      > CardBus (Kingston CB4TX) that I chose. My modem is LTWinModem.
      >
      > Can anyone provide any clues for this?

      Did you install the latest PCMCIA modules? My first guess would be
      that, but most people reported the system just freezing. See if you
      can boot using Interactive boot (at some point, Redhat says press "I"
      to go into interactive boot - press "I"). Don't start PCMCIA services
      when it asks. Don't start network either, since with no PCMCIA your
      CB4TX won't work. The LTWinModem is almost certainly not a factor in
      this, since without some preparation Linux won't even notice it really.

      --
      John Cronin