[linux-dell-laptops] Xwindows on Inspirion 7500

  • John Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2000
      I finally got this up and running, but I am experienceing horrible
      flicker. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I have tried every
      refresh rate I could find settings for in the XF86Config file.

      Thanks,
      John Taylor
    • Joseph G. Hennessey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2000
        "john taylor" <jl-@...> wrote:
        =318
        > I finally got this up and running, but I am experienceing horrible
        > flicker. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I have tried every
        > refresh rate I could find settings for in the XF86Config file.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > John Taylor

        I added the line

        vga=6

        in lilo.conf
        and reran /sbin/lilo
        after rebooting it stoped flickering for me

        -Joe Hennessey
      • rudolph magyar
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2000
          I have been trying unsucessfully to get xwin on my inspiron 7500
          because I can find no option for my svga+ monitor. Could I have a copy
          of you XF86Config file?

          =339