[linux-dell-laptops] External monitor solution - Sort of

  • dpcook@factotum.rmc.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 1999
      I have a Latitude CPi A366XT which I have dual booting Redhat Linux 6.0
      and win95. I was having the same problem with getting an external
      monitor to work when I had it docked. I had hoped I would find a
      solution on this list but it seems like other people were having the
      same problem. Well, after some playing around I stumbled across not the
      most elegant solution, but at least something that works. If you open
      up the laptop while it is in the dock and hit the FN-F8 key after
      starting X, it forces the computer to cycle back and forth between the
      laptop screen and the external monitor. Sometimes you get something
      goofy, especially on the laptop screen, but eventually I was able to
      get a decent image on the monitor. Like I said, it isn't the most
      elegant solution, but it works. If anyone has a better way, let me know.

      dan
    • charles_banks@3com.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 1999
        charles_bank-@... wrote: