[linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 7500

  • John Bair
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2000
      I have just set up my Inspiron and am having problems with Xwindows.
      The monitor type is SVGA+. I can't seem to figure the solution to the
      problem. I anybody knows a solution I would definatly appreciate.
    • tshanno@orion.it.luc.edu
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2000
        On 15 Jan, John Bair wrote:
        > I have just set up my Inspiron and am having problems with Xwindows.
        > The monitor type is SVGA+. I can't seem to figure the solution to the
        > problem. I anybody knows a solution I would definatly appreciate.

        I have found the following links to be helpful:

        http://jimf.ne.mediaone.net/~jimf/linux/inspiron7500.html
        http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/
        http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/
        http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/linux-notebook/discussion.html

        Tom
        --
        Quote of the day for Tuesday, 18 January, 2000:
        "Nothing... is unchangeable but the inherent and inalienable rights
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2000
          On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 19:08:40 -0800, you wrote:

          >I have just set up my Inspiron and am having problems with Xwindows.
          >The monitor type is SVGA+. I can't seem to figure the solution to the
          >problem. I anybody knows a solution I would definatly appreciate.

          What kind of problems ? Have you searched the list archive.

          Neil