RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: pcmcia & i8k & ds.o

  • Thomas Jacob
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 5, 2001
      The original line included 3 parameters, but I don't the exact range.
      I used dots for the third, butI should have better said
      include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff, port 0x???-0x???
      or may be
      include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x???-0x???, port 0xc00-0xcff
      into
      include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff

      Regards
      Thomas

    • LEon LEvy
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 5, 2001
        ok.. i'll write 3Com!

        thanks!

        -leon

        --- jsc3@... wrote:
        > > --- David Rodriguez <dibeas@...> wrote:
        > dial-up
        > > > COM2.

        > > > I guess that my advice would be to buy a modem. I don't know
        > > > if it's useful, but it is an advice. If your modem is a software
        > > > (winmodem) by 3Com , I don't think it is supported.
        > >
        > > hmm.. well i was hoping for an alternative to that.
        > > if that is the case then i guess i'll just have to rely on windows for
        > > online-enjoyment.
        > >
        > > it seems the the linux community would be able to come up with a way to
        > > install those bad boys.. oh well
        >
        > If 3Com would give out any information on it, then the Linux community
        > would be able to install it; 3Com could also write their own driver for
        > it if they don't want to give out any information about it.
        >
        > Right now, the Lucent Winmodem is the only one with good Linux support,
        > and that is because Lucent made an effort to support Linux.
        >
        > --
        > John Cronin
        > mailto: `echo NjsOc3@... | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`

        =====
        * candy heart , bug bite *
        * http://www.angelfire.com/pop/candyheart *
        * http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bugbite *
        * *
        * po box 163852, sacramento ca, 95816-9852 USA *
        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/