Re: pcmcia & i8k & ds.o

  • stuart@bh90210.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 4, 2001
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "Thomas Jacob" <thomas.jacob@g...>
      wrote:
      > /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
      > Changing
      > include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff, ...
      > into
      > include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
      > worked for
      > SUSE 7.1, kernel 2.4.0, pcmcia-cs-3.1.24

      Thomas:

      Forgive my ignorance, but the two lines you quote above, are the
      same!?! Exactly what did you change if they are both the same?

      Stuart
      Beverly Hills, CA

      > Thomas

    • Thomas Jacob
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 5, 2001
        The original line included 3 parameters, but I don't the exact range.
        I used dots for the third, butI should have better said
        include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff, port 0x???-0x???
        or may be
        include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x???-0x???, port 0xc00-0xcff
        into
        include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff

        Regards
        Thomas

      • LEon LEvy
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 5, 2001
          ok.. i'll write 3Com!

          thanks!

          -leon

          --- jsc3@... wrote:
          > > --- David Rodriguez <dibeas@...> wrote:
          > dial-up
          > > > COM2.

          > > > I guess that my advice would be to buy a modem. I don't know
          > > > if it's useful, but it is an advice. If your modem is a software
          > > > (winmodem) by 3Com , I don't think it is supported.
          > >
          > > hmm.. well i was hoping for an alternative to that.
          > > if that is the case then i guess i'll just have to rely on windows for
          > > online-enjoyment.
          > >
          > > it seems the the linux community would be able to come up with a way to
          > > install those bad boys.. oh well
          >
          > If 3Com would give out any information on it, then the Linux community
          > would be able to install it; 3Com could also write their own driver for
          > it if they don't want to give out any information about it.
          >
          > Right now, the Lucent Winmodem is the only one with good Linux support,
          > and that is because Lucent made an effort to support Linux.
          >
          > --
          > John Cronin
          > mailto: `echo NjsOc3@... | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`

          =====
          * candy heart , bug bite *
          * http://www.angelfire.com/pop/candyheart *
          * http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bugbite *
          * *
          * po box 163852, sacramento ca, 95816-9852 USA *
          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/