RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: pcmcia & i8k & ds.o

  • Thomas Jacob
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 4, 2001
      /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
      Changing
      include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff, ...
      into
      include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
      worked for
      SUSE 7.1, kernel 2.4.0, pcmcia-cs-3.1.24

      Thomas

    • stuart@bh90210.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 4, 2001
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "Thomas Jacob" <thomas.jacob@g...>
        wrote:
        > /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
        > Changing
        > include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff, ...
        > into
        > include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
        > worked for
        > SUSE 7.1, kernel 2.4.0, pcmcia-cs-3.1.24

        Thomas:

        Forgive my ignorance, but the two lines you quote above, are the
        same!?! Exactly what did you change if they are both the same?

        Stuart
        Beverly Hills, CA

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 5, 2001
          The original line included 3 parameters, but I don't the exact range.
          I used dots for the third, butI should have better said
          include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff, port 0x???-0x???
          or may be
          include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x???-0x???, port 0xc00-0xcff
          into
          include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0xc00-0xcff

          Regards
          Thomas

        • LEon LEvy
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 5, 2001
            ok.. i'll write 3Com!

            thanks!

            -leon

            --- jsc3@... wrote:
            > > --- David Rodriguez <dibeas@...> wrote:
            > dial-up
            > > > COM2.

            > > > I guess that my advice would be to buy a modem. I don't know
            > > > if it's useful, but it is an advice. If your modem is a software
            > > > (winmodem) by 3Com , I don't think it is supported.
            > >
            > > hmm.. well i was hoping for an alternative to that.
            > > if that is the case then i guess i'll just have to rely on windows for
            > > online-enjoyment.
            > >
            > > it seems the the linux community would be able to come up with a way to
            > > install those bad boys.. oh well
            >
            > If 3Com would give out any information on it, then the Linux community
            > would be able to install it; 3Com could also write their own driver for
            > it if they don't want to give out any information about it.
            >
            > Right now, the Lucent Winmodem is the only one with good Linux support,
            > and that is because Lucent made an effort to support Linux.
            >
            > --
            > John Cronin
            > mailto: `echo NjsOc3@... | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`

            =====
            * candy heart , bug bite *
            * http://www.angelfire.com/pop/candyheart *
            * http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bugbite *
            * *
            * po box 163852, sacramento ca, 95816-9852 USA *
            http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/