DVD i8k and docs?

  • maillists@robtimko.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
      Are there any docs for getting linux to setup DVD play in X using
      xine or some other client? I'm basically lost I have xine installed
      but thats it. I'm running RedHat 7 on the 2.4.1 kernel.

      -rob
      http://www.robtimko.com
    • k.lichtenwalder@computer.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2001
        maillists@... wrote:

        > Are there any docs for getting linux to setup DVD play in X using
        > xine or some other client? I'm basically lost I have xine installed
        > but thats it. I'm running RedHat 7 on the 2.4.1 kernel.

        A good start might be http://www.livid.org, the Linux Video Project.
        There's quite some documentation about DVD and tuning your setup. I got
        me going. (yet another point gone for keeping that M$ partition :-)

        Klaus
        Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inform., http://www.webforum.de/Klaus/
        Fax +49-(0)89-91072699 Lichtenwalder@...
        NIC: KL2100, KL76-RIPE K.Lichtenwalder@...
        PGP Key fingerprint = 2658 EA97 E1A1 2680 5ECA 0036 80F5 F250 3CF8
        C2C7