How do I convince Mandrake 7.1 to stop searching for the Ethernet card?

  • cosmint@cs.ubbcluj.ro
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hi again,
      I have one more question:

      It's about the same Dell Latitude CPxj under Mandrake 7.1.

      I installed the Ethernet not much time ago, and now I removed it as I
      don't need it any more.
      But the system boots very slowly now, because it searches for the
      inexistent Ethernet card. More precisely, I counted *exactly* one
      minute as the time the OS needs just to realize that there is no
      Ethernet card there.

      Is this normal? How do I deinstall the card, or how do I simply
      convince Linux not to search for it?

      Thank you very much,
      Cosmin