[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Linux-NT dual boot on DELL inspiron?

  • Shiwu Gao
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2000

      You can find answers to some of your questions.

      > * Would I need to partition the disk and then reinstall NT?
      You need to partition the disk with fips, yet you can keep the
      Window partition intact during partition and installation. (But
      this should be done with care).

      > * or is there any s/w available to partition a disk *safely*
      > with NT installed.
      Fips works!

      > * Where should I install LILO? MBR?
      Yes, 'Master boot record' when you are prompted with other choices.

      > * Any issue with linux drivers being available for inspiron laptop etc.
      See for example 'Linux on laptops' homepage.

      http://physics.open.ac.uk/~rpblake/linux_laptop

      Good luck

      Shiwu