Dell 1501 new hard drive

  • george0135
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 7:41 AM
      I fitted a 160 GB fujistu harddrive to my 1501 ready to install opensuse 12.1 ( a virus killed windows on it, Ahh an excuse to fit a bigger one) I am wondering if the laptop autodetects the new drive or will it still think its the original 100gb drive also a fujitsu

      please let me know what your thoughts are on this

      many thanks

      George
    • Peter Teuben
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12 6:19 AM
        you will have no problem. Just curious why you would such a small 160GB
        drive, i'd say 350 or 500 is
        the minimal amount these days.

        p.