How can I make the DualPoint Stick scroll without pressing a trackpad button?

  • Rob Frohne
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2010
      Hi All,

      My Dell Latitudes have a nifty DualPoint Stick that I don't use as a
      mouse because I prefer the trackpad. I would like to use it as a scroll
      wheel, and I have been able to do that with gpointing-device-settings,
      but I have to press a trackpad button simultaneously with using the
      stick, which is the normal way for folk who use the stick to move their
      mouse cursor around, but for me I would like it to scroll without
      pressing a mouse button. Does anyone have the xinput command needed or
      another way to do that?

      Thanks,

      Rob

      --
      Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.
      E.F. Cross School of Engineering
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2010

        I found the xinput command is:

        xinput --set-prop 10 "Evdev Wheel Emulation Button" 0

        I also filed a bug with ubuntu suggesting that button 0 should be allowed in gpointing-device-settings.

        https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/691676

        Best regards,

        Rob