Re: Red Hat 7.0 & i8000 with inbuilt modem

  • stuart@bh90210.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 22, 2001
      Linux/Dell Users:

      So if I understand things correctly:

      The combinational modem-ethernet which can be "built in" to the i8000
      (not a PCMCIA type device), is a Lucent based "winmodem", and an
      ethernet card predicated on a 3com chipset?

      Absent the most obvious linmodem problems, I understand the lucent
      driver works, I havent tested it yet, as I updating my kernel today
      in order to support it.

      Does the ethernet portion of this card get recognized and "driven"
      will for most of you?

      Stuart
      Beverly Hills, CA