[linux-dell-laptops] ISDN and PCMCIA on Latitude CS 400XT

  • Shiwu Gao
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2000

      I just installed Red Hat Linux 6.0 on my Latidude CS 400XT, and am
      now trying to get ISDN and Ethernet connections. Neither is working
      right now.

      1) When starting PCMCIA, only one beep is heard. It seems identified
      the card (Xircom Realport card bus 10/100 Ethernet + 56K modem), but
      not configured correctly. There was however nothing strange during
      installation and configuration. What could possibly wrong? Has anyone
      succeeded in configuring this card?

      2) For ISDN, I couldn't even find the ISDN module from the packages
      I installed, although the documentation is there /usr/src/... . Does
      this mean that ISDN works 'out of box'?

      Thanks a lot for any help and suggestions,

      Shiwu Gao

      From Gothenburg, Sweden