Inspiron 8000+Ubuntu 8.04 and later

  • Peter Fork
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 19, 2008
      Hi Chris and everyone.

      I find it very intresting that you say that the Radeon M4 was constructed for a 17inch laptop witch one might I ask? Is their any independent source that can verify this?

      The reason why I ask is so that I can realy the info and continue digging up more info that can help in improving the driver support.

      Great tips Hayes I'll be sure to pass it along to fellow Inspiron users.

      CU all!

      Går det långsamt? Skaffa dig en snabbare bredbandsuppkoppling.
      Sök och jämför priser hos Kelkoo.
      http://www.kelkoo.se/c-100015813-bredband.html?partnerId=96914325
    • r0adawg
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 19, 2008

        mine came spec'd at 1600x1200 and is a 15" screen.  that is the default graphic screen size.  I have had it for almost 8 years and is a staple,  it always works and works really good.

        On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Peter Fork <sanktepernr2@...> wrote:
        Hi Chris and everyone.

        I find it very intresting that you say that the Radeon M4 was constructed for a 17inch laptop witch one might I ask? Is their any independent source that can verify this?

        The reason why I ask is so that I can realy the info and continue digging up more info that can help in improving the driver support.

        Great tips Hayes I'll be sure to pass it along to fellow Inspiron users.

        CU all!

        Går det långsamt? Skaffa dig en snabbare bredbandsuppkoppling.
        Sök och jämför priser hos Kelkoo.
        http://www.kelkoo.se/c-100015813-bredband.html?partnerId=96914325

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:linux-dell-laptops-digest@yahoogroups.com
           mailto:linux-dell-laptops-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • chris kirner
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 20, 2008
          Good for you, Ted. I went through so many configurations I don't know what was going on with my system. I do know that for some reason xorg wasn't automatically choosing the r128 driver. My current configuration does. My Hsynch is 31-75 and Vsynch is 50-85.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 20, 2008
            I'm sorry Peter. I don't remember where I came across that specification. It's quite possible I got it from either the Dell forum or from ATI, but I don't remember. At the time I read it I considered it a reliable source. It makes sense in relation to the folding display....

            Chris