Re: [linux-dell-laptops] ESD problem, please help

  • Marc Fellman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2001
      Aanhalen fukbill@...:

      > If I login as root and start X, esd starts, sounds play through esd
      > and everyone is happy. However, if I log in as any other user, esd
      > starts, but nothing will use it. Xmms complains, mpg123 just sits
      > there until esd is killed or until I ^C it. any ideas whats wrong?

      I had something simmular. I use KDE and the artsd. All of a sudden this
      happened. Maybe a update that messed up I still don't know. But just as sudden
      as it happened it works again. I messed with the rights for /dev/dsp but that
      didn't help also settings of the daemon didn't help.

      At this moment I'm curious as you about the reason why this happend.

      Marc
      <SNIP>

      Dit bericht was verstuurd met IMP: fellsoft.homeip.net