Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Battery Warranty Dell 9200

  • Fausto Picchi
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2008
      > time is about 25 minutes! Have not been able to get to Dell
      > service by phone. Do you think that the battery is covered???

      battery warranty is 1 years (in italy) ... last spring, after only 13 months i
      tried contact dell support but reply was "you need "buy" a new battery".
      best and cheapest way was a non official battery with ebay.

      --
      bye, fAu
      latitude d820
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2008
        My wife's' Latitude has the same problem, and I bought the 3 year warranty
        that is still covering it, but not the battery. And here I thought we were
        lucky last year when the exploding battery's were going on and hers was not
        among the affected models. AT least we would have gotten a new battery last
        year if it was.

        On Tuesday 12 August 2008 03:20:09 Jack wrote:
        > I bought a new Dell 9200 with the most expensive warranty that was
        > available 4 year warranty .
        > Sure was lucky with that, LCD was replaced 2 times,wi-fi boards
        > replaced twice, system shipped to depot repair, battery charger replaced
        > once. Now the battery lights are blinking orange and green even when
        > shut down and bur charger plugged in. Pressing battery button on
        > battery only lights 3 of 5 lights. Without charger plugged in, running
        > time is about 25 minutes! Have not been able to get to Dell
        > service by phone. Do you think that the battery is covered???
        >
        > Montyw4700
      • Alexander Toresson
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 13, 2008
          I got a fresh battery for my old laptop thanks to that :)
          The old one was malfunctioning anyway, going down to 10 minutes of running time.

          // Alexander

          On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:40 PM, uteck <theuteck@...> wrote:
          > My wife's' Latitude has the same problem, and I bought the 3 year warranty
          > that is still covering it, but not the battery. And here I thought we were
          > lucky last year when the exploding battery's were going on and hers was not
          > among the affected models. AT least we would have gotten a new battery last
          > year if it was.
          >
          > On Tuesday 12 August 2008 03:20:09 Jack wrote:
          >> I bought a new Dell 9200 with the most expensive warranty that was
          >> available 4 year warranty .
          >> Sure was lucky with that, LCD was replaced 2 times,wi-fi boards
          >> replaced twice, system shipped to depot repair, battery charger replaced
          >> once. Now the battery lights are blinking orange and green even when
          >> shut down and bur charger plugged in. Pressing battery button on
          >> battery only lights 3 of 5 lights. Without charger plugged in, running
          >> time is about 25 minutes! Have not been able to get to Dell
          >> service by phone. Do you think that the battery is covered???
          >>
          >> Montyw4700

        • foundprophet87
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14, 2008
            I've been through this with Dell before. Batteries are only covered
            under the warranty for the first year or the extent of the warranty
            (which ever comes first). I can see why they stand by that
            considering batteries are consumables. Think of it like brakes and
            tires on your car. ;)

            3nj0iZ!

            --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander Toresson"