what program to use for playing a ".cbs" music file?

  • quantumnight
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2008
      Hi, I have some files with the extension ".cbs", their icon looks like
      a film strip, and the titles are songs. I can't find a proper program
      to open or play the files. Anyone know what to do with the
      files--other than trash them?--Douglas
    • Ryan Claycamp
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2008
        On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 at 2117 -0000, quantumnight wrote:
        > Hi, I have some files with the extension ".cbs", their icon looks
        > like a film strip, and the titles are songs. I can't find a proper
        > program to open or play the files. Anyone know what to do with the
        > files--other than trash them?--Douglas

        Here's what I found at <http://filext.com/file-extension/CBS>.
        Appears to be a Windows program for burning CDs. Explains why the
        files are song titles. Running 'apt-cache search cbs' came up blank.

        ProgramID FileType AppName EXEFile
        cdburner.Document Acoustica MP3 Acoustica MP3 cdburner.exe
        CD Burner Song List CD Burner

        Ryan
        --
        A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.