I deleted my audio device unknowingly

  • Love Wins
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 6, 2007
      i have tried every method to recover it, but it is useless. Do i have to buy a software and reinstall it
      I have problems with my quicktime internet video viewer, i am guessing i deleted that too unknowingly, do i have to buy and reinstall it again?
      My laptop is from toshiba, satellite M115-S1601

      tom loong <kylnj@...> wrote:
      hi ,

      i had a dell laptop with celeron 2.3 cpu with A32 bios.  then i up great the cpu with p4m 1.6.
      it seems work fine most of the time with few IE crush.  lately i try to install a security software/usb- like key device with no success.  the installation fail with a suggestion of unstable system.

      so i try to put the old celeron 2.3 cpu back.  but the system fail to come up(no screen at when boot).
      friend suggest me to erase the bios cmos setup.  according to dell support, i need to burn a bootable bios upgrade cd.

      anyone have any experience?

      thanks

      tom

    • tom loong
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 6, 2007
        when i put the p4m 1.6 back, it boot and work ok except for the security/usb-key.

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 7, 2007
          I'm not sure you are on the good list. This list is about "linux" on
          "Dell" "laptops".
          Are you using Linux?
          Are you using a Dell laptop?

          Alex.

          --
          http://www.univ-orleans.fr/lifo/Members/tessier/
          tel: +33 (0)238494670
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 20 12:40 AM
            > i have tried every method to recover it, but it is useless. Do i
            have to buy a software and reinstall it
            > I have problems with my quicktime internet video viewer, i am
            guessing i deleted that too unknowingly, do i have to buy and
            reinstall it again?
            > My laptop is from toshiba, satellite M115-S1601

            Sounds like you're running Bill Gates OS on your on your Toshiba
            Satellite M115-51601. 1. This group is for people running Linux, 2. on
            Dell laptops. When did Dell begin producing for Toshiba? Bill GAtes
            doesn't write Linux software. You're in the wrong group.