RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Wifi on Fedora Core 7

  • Mike Burns
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007

      What card is it exactly?  If it uses the Broadcom 43XX module (my PCMCIA card did on my I5k), I had to monkey with it to work.  I got it to work by following the directions on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=185174 except that I used YUM to get the bcm43xx-cutter as I am using Fedora 7.

      Michael

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007
        If you go through some of the older threads, there's instructions on
        how to set up ndiwrapper (http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/) with
        Fedora. Broadcom is not a Linux friendly company.

        3nj0iZ!

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Ebenezer A .Laryea"
        <afotey2001@...> wrote:

        > i've installed Fedora Core 7 on my dell 8600 Inspiron laptop.. It uses
        > a broadcom wireless adapter.. It doesn't show my wifi card on it so i
        > can't configure it. Please does anyone know hot to go about it

      • Ebenezer A .Laryea
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007
          Thanks so much.. I initially posted the question pertaining to the
          wifi on Fedora.. Well i switched to CentOS 5.. It recognises my wifi
          card and now i am browsing.. Bu ti want to thank this hroup so much..
          I posted the question this morning and by evening i've got so many