Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Wifi on Fedora Core 7

  • David Rumptz
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007
      I have tried and tried for a while to get the Broadcom to work so if there is a good answer I would like to hear it. I run Ubuntu 7.10.

      David Rumptz

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007

        What card is it exactly?  If it uses the Broadcom 43XX module (my PCMCIA card did on my I5k), I had to monkey with it to work.  I got it to work by following the directions on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=185174 except that I used YUM to get the bcm43xx-cutter as I am using Fedora 7.

        Michael

        I have tried and tried for a while to get the Broadcom to work so if there is a good answer I would like to hear it. I run Ubuntu 7.10.

        David Rumptz

        i've installed Fedora Core 7 on my dell 8600 Inspiron laptop.. It uses
        a broadcom wireless adapter.. It doesn't show my wifi card on it so i
        can't configure it. Please does anyone know hot to go about it

      • foundprophet87
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007
          If you go through some of the older threads, there's instructions on
          how to set up ndiwrapper (http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/) with
          Fedora. Broadcom is not a Linux friendly company.

          3nj0iZ!

          --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Ebenezer A .Laryea"
          <afotey2001@...> wrote:

          > i've installed Fedora Core 7 on my dell 8600 Inspiron laptop.. It uses
          > a broadcom wireless adapter.. It doesn't show my wifi card on it so i
          > can't configure it. Please does anyone know hot to go about it

        • Ebenezer A .Laryea
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007
            Thanks so much.. I initially posted the question pertaining to the
            wifi on Fedora.. Well i switched to CentOS 5.. It recognises my wifi
            card and now i am browsing.. Bu ti want to thank this hroup so much..
            I posted the question this morning and by evening i've got so many