Wifi on Fedora Core 7

  • Ebenezer A .Laryea
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 14, 2007
      i've installed Fedora Core 7 on my dell 8600 Inspiron laptop.. It uses
      a broadcom wireless adapter.. It doesn't show my wifi card on it so i
      can't configure it. Please does anyone know hot to go about it
    • David Rumptz
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007
        I have tried and tried for a while to get the Broadcom to work so if there is a good answer I would like to hear it. I run Ubuntu 7.10.

        David Rumptz

        i've installed Fedora Core 7 on my dell 8600 Inspiron laptop.. It uses
        a broadcom wireless adapter.. It doesn't show my wifi card on it so i
        can't configure it. Please does anyone know hot to go about it

      • Mike Burns
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007

          What card is it exactly?  If it uses the Broadcom 43XX module (my PCMCIA card did on my I5k), I had to monkey with it to work.  I got it to work by following the directions on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=185174 except that I used YUM to get the bcm43xx-cutter as I am using Fedora 7.

          Michael

          I have tried and tried for a while to get the Broadcom to work so if there is a good answer I would like to hear it. I run Ubuntu 7.10.

          David Rumptz

          i've installed Fedora Core 7 on my dell 8600 Inspiron laptop.. It uses
          a broadcom wireless adapter.. It doesn't show my wifi card on it so i
          can't configure it. Please does anyone know hot to go about it

        • foundprophet87
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007
            If you go through some of the older threads, there's instructions on
            how to set up ndiwrapper (http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/) with
            Fedora. Broadcom is not a Linux friendly company.

            3nj0iZ!

            --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Ebenezer A .Laryea"

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 15, 2007
              Thanks so much.. I initially posted the question pertaining to the
              wifi on Fedora.. Well i switched to CentOS 5.. It recognises my wifi
              card and now i am browsing.. Bu ti want to thank this hroup so much..
              I posted the question this morning and by evening i've got so many