Re: [linux-dell-laptops] ntfs-3g package

  • Alexander Toresson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2007
      And Automatix is, among other things, broken and may harm your system in many ways. See http://mjg59.livejournal.com/77440.html .

      Regards, Alexander Toresson

      On 9/18/07, Wade Leftwich <wade@...> wrote:
      Automatix (www.getautomatix.com) provides, among many useful packages, a utility that mounts ntfs and fat32 partitions read/write. (It installs ntfs-3g.deb and edits /etc/fstab.) It seems to work fine with Ubuntu Feisty. However, I still keep a 5 GB fat32 partition for sharing files between Windows and Linux.

      If you are plugging in an external drive with an NTFS partition, you might need to specify mount options in order to write.

      -- Wade

      On 9/17/07, David Rumptz <rumptz_sh8kr@...> wrote:

      John:

      I tried writing to my external hard drive (It had been formated in NTFS by Windows (by mistake)) and I had no luck writing to it. Granted I am using Ubuntu not a strict Debian system right now. I plan to switch back to Debian now that Etch is finally out.

      David