Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Dual boot XP/Ubuntu on Precision M4300

  • David Rumptz
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16 1:25 PM
      Wade:

      Debian can read but cannot write on NTFS. It is cool but you need to set a FAT 32 partition for your "data"so you can use files on both systems. That is if you want to do it that way. Otherwise things on one system will be ignored by the other system.

      David Rumptz

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17 4:41 AM
        David,

        The ntfs-3g package should be part of the latest Debian versions.  It can read and write to NTFS just fine.

        --
        John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own
      • Alexander Toresson