laptop suggestion requested

  • Munagala Ramanath
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2007
      Hi,

      I'm in the market for a laptop; my current one is i8100 and
      has behaved very well under Mandriva for the last 5 years but
      the limit of 512MB RAM is starting to hurt especially with
      recent versions of Eclipse.

      I'll probably be running Mandriva on it. It'll be mostly a
      development machine with a little recreation thrown in.
      My requirements are (apart from usual things like USB2, DVD burner, etc.):
      (a) Support for 4GB RAM
      (b) Runs well under Linux.
      (c) Hi-res screen (at least 1440x900; a lot of low end machines seem
      to be 1280x800 which I find is too small).

      Thanks.

      Ram