Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Comments on HP laptops in comparison with Dell's

  • Alwin Gupta
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 23 4:05 AM
      I finally settled on Dell Latitude 820 laptop: 1.83GHz core 2 duo, 1GB Ram,
      nVidia NVS 120M, 1920x1200 display, 80GB sata disk ...

      510M is confirmed dead (motherboard passed away)..

      -Alwin

      --- Terry <tmorris20@...> wrote:

      > Not a great fan of HP/Compaq laptops. Your Inspiron D510 is dead?
      > Plain description. Have you tried bringing it back to life? It may be
      > less expensive to replace the parts yourself to revitalize it, unless
      > your really want to replace it with a new laptop.
      > terry
      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "foundprophet87"
      > <n3ur0t1ca@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've never been a big fan of HP/Compaq's hardware. It's been mediocre
      > > at best. Dell does have the all around best support policy, IMO. And
      > > the harware's not particularly very proprietary, either; so, you can
      > > run just about any OS on them.
      > >
      > > My $0.02. 3nj0iZ!
      > >
      > > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Alwin Gupta"
      > > <alwingupta@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi All,
      > > >
      > > > I have been using Dell Insipiron 510m since last 2-1/2 year and now
      > > > its dead. I am planning to buy another laptop, but this time I am
      > > > looking out for HP laptops, specifically HP nc6400 business series
      > > > laptops. This series has a pretty cool configuration 1.83GHz core 2
      > > > duo processor with 14.1 in wide display of 1440x900 resolution and
      > > > other things. Please let me know your feedbacks/comments on HP
      > > > laptops, if any, (except that it is a bit overpriced as compared to
      > > > Dell) about the product quality + support from HP.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > > Alwin
      > > >
      > > > PS: For model to model comparison between Dell and HP, please visit
      > > > the following links:

      http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/sm/WF06b/1090709-1124051-1124051-1124051-12434656-12401284-78063277.html

      http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/latit_d630?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd

      Need a vacation? Get great deals