Re: Comments on HP laptops in comparison with Dell's

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2007
      Not a great fan of HP/Compaq laptops. Your Inspiron D510 is dead?
      Plain description. Have you tried bringing it back to life? It may be
      less expensive to replace the parts yourself to revitalize it, unless
      your really want to replace it with a new laptop.
      terry
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "foundprophet87"
      <n3ur0t1ca@...> wrote:

      > I've never been a big fan of HP/Compaq's hardware. It's been mediocre
      > at best. Dell does have the all around best support policy, IMO. And
      > the harware's not particularly very proprietary, either; so, you can
      > run just about any OS on them.
      >
      > My $0.02. 3nj0iZ!
      >
      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Alwin Gupta"
      > <alwingupta@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > I have been using Dell Insipiron 510m since last 2-1/2 year and now
      > > its dead. I am planning to buy another laptop, but this time I am
      > > looking out for HP laptops, specifically HP nc6400 business series
      > > laptops. This series has a pretty cool configuration 1.83GHz core 2
      > > duo processor with 14.1 in wide display of 1440x900 resolution and
      > > other things. Please let me know your feedbacks/comments on HP
      > > laptops, if any, (except that it is a bit overpriced as compared to
      > > Dell) about the product quality + support from HP.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Alwin
      > >
      > > PS: For model to model comparison between Dell and HP, please visit
      > > the following links:

      http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/sm/WF06b/1090709-1124051-1124051-1124051-12434656-12401284-78063277.html

      http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/latit_d630?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd

    • Alwin Gupta
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23, 2007
        I finally settled on Dell Latitude 820 laptop: 1.83GHz core 2 duo, 1GB Ram,
        nVidia NVS 120M, 1920x1200 display, 80GB sata disk ...

        510M is confirmed dead (motherboard passed away)..

        -Alwin

        --- Terry <tmorris20@...> wrote:

        > Not a great fan of HP/Compaq laptops. Your Inspiron D510 is dead?
        > Plain description. Have you tried bringing it back to life? It may be
        > less expensive to replace the parts yourself to revitalize it, unless
        > your really want to replace it with a new laptop.
        > terry
        > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "foundprophet87"
        > <n3ur0t1ca@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I've never been a big fan of HP/Compaq's hardware. It's been mediocre
        > > at best. Dell does have the all around best support policy, IMO. And
        > > the harware's not particularly very proprietary, either; so, you can
        > > run just about any OS on them.
        > >
        > > My $0.02. 3nj0iZ!
        > >
        > > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Alwin Gupta"
        > > <alwingupta@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi All,
        > > >
        > > > I have been using Dell Insipiron 510m since last 2-1/2 year and now
        > > > its dead. I am planning to buy another laptop, but this time I am
        > > > looking out for HP laptops, specifically HP nc6400 business series
        > > > laptops. This series has a pretty cool configuration 1.83GHz core 2
        > > > duo processor with 14.1 in wide display of 1440x900 resolution and
        > > > other things. Please let me know your feedbacks/comments on HP
        > > > laptops, if any, (except that it is a bit overpriced as compared to
        > > > Dell) about the product quality + support from HP.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > > Alwin
        > > >
        > > > PS: For model to model comparison between Dell and HP, please visit
        > > > the following links:

        http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/sm/WF06b/1090709-1124051-1124051-1124051-12434656-12401284-78063277.html

        http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/latit_d630?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd

        Need a vacation? Get great deals