Inspiron

  • Arthur Raynolds
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2007
      Hello,
      I am interested in ordering a Inspiron 640m Dual with Ubunto as the OS.
      Is this doable? I have a printout of all of the parameters for the
      machine I'm intending to get. When it is ready to use, the machine when
      will have Ubunto>VMware>windows xp, in that order. I do not want vista!
      Thank you
      Arthur Raynolds
    • keith001@vif.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2007
        On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 18:39:01 -0400
        Arthur Raynolds <ARdiver@...> wrote:

        > I am interested in ordering a Inspiron 640m Dual with Ubunto as the OS.
        > Is this doable?

        I'm typing this right now with latest unstable debian on a 640m, so
        Ubuntu shouldn't be that different.
        Everything works so far, incl. suspend to ram/disk.
        Wifi 3945 works with non-free driver (but Ubuntu doesn't care about
        unfreeness of the kernel, so the drivers should be there...)

        > machine I'm intending to get. When it is ready to use, the machine when
        > will have Ubunto>VMware>windows xp, in that order. I do not want vista!

        2003 undere vmware works fine, with 1400x900 resolution and all.

        Enjoy!
      • foundprophet87
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
          Dell is now supporting Ubuntu: