Mozilla - SeaMonkey

  • David Rumptz
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2007
      I have Ubuntu on my laptop and I am trying to install Seamonkey  formerly Mozilla I found a Linux package on the Mozilla web site but when I try to install it on my computer it will not let me due to access privileges ~ the whole need to type sudo before you do anything on Ubuntu problem. I tried to install it from the command line but do not know the command to execute the program install.ini

      or if anyone knows where th epackage resides in the apt repositories then I can use apt-get or synaptic to install it.

      Rumptz

    • foundprophet87
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
        lol, sounds like you're trying to install the Windows version
        (install.ini?). A quick Google search turned up this:
        https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SeaMonkey

        3nj0iZ!

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, David Rumptz
        <rumptz_sh8kr@...> wrote:

        > I have Ubuntu on my laptop and I am trying to install Seamonkey
        formerly Mozilla I found a Linux package on the Mozilla web site but
        when I try to install it on my computer it will not let me due to
        access privileges ~ the whole need to type sudo before you do anything
        on Ubuntu problem. I tried to install it from the command line but do
        not know the command to execute the program install.ini

        > or if anyone knows where th epackage resides in the apt repositories
        then I can use apt-get or synaptic to install it.

        > Rumptz
      • David Rumptz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2007
          3nj0iZ!:

          Actually I will look into this but I did create a Root login so I could do it as well.

          Thanks

          Rumptz