dual boot dell800 error bootmagic.img

  • kiyer25
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2007
      Hey all

      I have a dell800 dual system mandrake linux and window xp. It was
      fine untill yesterday nite, I was working last nite and shut it off.

      Today I just start up the system , it give me an following error
      message

      error BTMAGIC.IMG
      Run BootMagic Install
      press key to start

      if you press then windows booted up but it didnot recognize other
      linux partition.

      I want to recover this without loosing any data and want this to
      work as before ,how can I do that.

      I dont have Boot magic to install at this point. any suggestions
      will be very much appreciated.

      thanks
      kris