monitor and term info

  • Douglas S. Oliver
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
      Hi all. I am using Slackware 11 on an i8600. When I type: echo $TERM, I get the result "linux." This of course is not in X, where I actually get the result "xterm" as I should. I looked in the /etc/profile file and saw that "linux" is used when the term type cannot be determined. I'm trying to find the actual term type. I really don't know where to start looking in /etc/lib/terminfo for my terminal. Any hints where to go to find out this information? Thanks--Douglas
    • uteck
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
        Do you mean weather you are running bash or csh?
        They are set in /etc/passwd and the default for users is bash, use
        "echo $SHELL" in X or out to find your shell.

        --
        no .sig found
        Please restart your browser.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
          On 2/3/07, Douglas S. Oliver <dsoliver@...> wrote:
          > Hi all. I am using Slackware 11 on an i8600. When I type: echo $TERM, I get the result "linux." This of course is not in X, where I actually get the result "xterm" as I should. I looked in the /etc/profile file and saw that "linux" is used when the term type cannot be determined. I'm trying to find the actual term type. I really don't know where to start looking in /etc/lib/terminfo for my terminal. Any hints where to go to find out this information? Thanks--Douglas

          Getting "linux" in $TERM in a tty is perfectly normal.

          Regards, Alexander Toresson