Re: [linux-dell-laptops] HELP

  • Chad Sutton
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 21, 2006
      I'm not a Redhat guy, but you should still be able to use YUM with just your local install disks. Your YUM "repository", if you have no network access, is your install CD's. It should be installed that way by default. If not, I'm sure you can re-add them as repository.

      HI JAS wrote:
      Dear,
      The machine on which the O.S. is installed in not connected on net.

      How do I download the dependencies and what dependencies are required ?

      Regards,
      Hitesh Jasuja.

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 21, 2006
        Other then finding all the dependencies manually, if you can get to a
        FC5 machine that has apt-get configured, you can use apt-zip to grab
        everything. apt-zip is an add-on for apt-get, so you will have to
        install it with;
        apt-get install apt-zip
        then, apt-zip install openoffice.org2

        Or you can get a cdrom with OO.o at
        http://distribution.openoffice.org/cdrom/index.html#cdrom
        or grab the complete tarball at
        http://download.openoffice.org/index.html and run the install script.
        Since it is not an RPM, it will not show up as being installed with
        the rpm tools, but the program will work fine. This will also you get
        the latest version, 2.1 and not 2.0.4.