Re: Need to install linux on XPS 140

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2006
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "A. A. Faslur Rahman"
      <faslurrahman@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks, I would like to install linux in my XPS140. I also want my
      windows XP to be reside in the same disk. Is it possible to have such
      setup.

      > I would also be interested in knowing the hard drive partitioning
      information.

      > Thanks in advance. -Faslur
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from
      real people who know.

      Faslur, Linux will comfortably reside on the same hard drive that
      Windows resides on providing you have enough hard drive space for both
      OS's to comfortably function. Prior to installation of another OS on
      your hard drive you should run defragmentation program. During the
      Linux installation, if enough space is available, Disk Druid will
      permit you to install Linux partitions that will not interfere with
      the Windows partition(s). Following installation, Linux will ask if
      you want to install a boot loader so you can start either Windows or
      Linux from a fresh startup.

      Terry