Nvidia GeForce cards with Inspiron 8000

  • Cris Rhea
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2006
      I picked up an Nvidia GeForce 4 Go video card from eBay... my goal was
      to upgrade the card and screen on my Inspiron 8000 to UXGA resolution.

      I installed the card and connected it to my existing SXGA+ screen--
      and the system would not turn on (it would light the LEDs for about 3
      seconds).

      Does this indicate the card is bad or does it have to use the UXGA
      screen instead of the SXGA+ screen??

      TIA-

      --- Cris