Re: APM support under kernel 2.4.1

  • nfp3033@privat.cybercity.no
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2001
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "Sergey Gribov" <sgribov@y...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Does anybody succeded to have APM support working under 2.4.1?
      > I have Inspiron 8000 with Debian linux.
      >
      > I've recompiled the kernel with APM, then I'm doing suspend
      > it looks like it's suspended Ok, but when I'm trying to resume
      > it freezes...
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,

      ok, i have an inspiron 8000 and have gotten apm to
      work, first you should disable agpgart in the kernel
      - since the pci registers get's screwed when resuming
      the machine again , then you should run the bash
      script below to get you're pci registers into they'r
      original state , the trick here is to look at the
      pci registers before suspend with the lspci -vx
      command and diff it with a lspci -vx after resume
      to see which bytes differ and then use the setpci
      command to restore them to they're original state
      .

      #!/bin/sh
      SETPCI=/sbin/setpci

      #00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82815 815 Chipset Host Bridge
      and Memory
      #Controller Hub (rev 02)
      DEV=00:00.0
      $SETPCI -s $DEV 12.w=0xe400

      #02:06.0 PCI bridge: Action Tec Electronics Inc: Unknown device 0100
      (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
      DEV=02:06.0
      $SETPCI -s $DEV 20.w=0xf800
      $SETPCI -s $DEV 22.w=0xf9f0
      $SETPCI -s $DEV 24.w=0xfff0
      $SETPCI -s $DEV 3e.w=0x0006

      #08:04.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557 [Ethernet Pro
      100] (rev 08) Subsystem: Action Tec Electronics Inc: Unknown
      device 1100
      DEV=08:04.0
      $SETPCI -s $DEV c.w=0x2008
      $SETPCI -s $DEV 4.w=0x0117