Fedora Core 6: Wifi vs. nVidia drivers on the D620

  • sseremeth
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2006
      Has anyone conquered the IRQ issues that this combo seems to present?

      Fedora Core 6: Dell D620/Dell 1390 PCI-e Wifi/Broadcom 4311/nVidia
      GeForce Go 7300

      The ndiswrapper works for an indefinite amount of time before either
      the system throws an IRQ error for the wifi card and I lose
      connectivity to the local wireless lan or the whole system just
      freezes and requires a hard reboot.

      More details:
      * proprietary closed src nvidia driver (yuck)
      * i386 install of FC6
      * have read somewhere that nv driver will stop the problems from
      happening but you lose all 3d accelleration the proprietary nvidia
      driver provides

      Mostly love the laptop and the eye-candy available via
      compiz/beryl/etc.. Amazing really.

      Thanks for any tips.

      Steve
    • David Rumptz
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 22, 2006
        Steve

        Did you ever get a response on the Broadcom 4311 issue?  Ihave had the dell e1505 since June and never have I gotten the Broadcom 4311 to work. I run Ubuntu but someone has said Gentoo would get the thing to work.

        No clues

        I kinda gave up on the wireless and jsut use the lan line

        Rumptz