Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Ubuntu 6.06 on Dell Latitude D420

  • Nancy Rudins
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2006
      On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, markseeba wrote:

      > I am shopping for a new laptop, considering the Latitude D420. Does
      > anybody have experience with Ubuntu, or any other distribution on the
      > 420? I am curious, what, if any, compatibility issues I can look fwd to.
      >
      > Thanks.

      Hi,

      I don't have a Latitude but Ubuntu works fine with my Inspiron 8500.
      I upgraded from 6.06 to 6.10 and everything went smoothly. It picked
      up all my hardware and the install was a breeze. There's a live CD
      if you want to just try it out before you install it.

      Kind regards,
      Nancy

      Nancy Rudins nrudins@...
      http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~nrudins/

      Take a sad song and make it better. (lennon/mccartney)
    • markseeba
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2006
        Thanks for the feedback. I actually ended up ordering a Dell XPS
        instead of the 420. We will see how it all works out.

        -Mark.

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Rudins <nrudins@...>