Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Install BELKIN Wireless G USB Network Adapter on my system?

  • Robert Spilleboudt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
      look at this
      http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/wireless/#pid81766
      Robert

      Bob Whitman wrote:

      > I installed SuSE LINUX 10.1
      > on my computer with Windows XP pro.
      > My system is Dell Dimension 2350 with a WD 250GB drive.
      > Trying to install my BELKIN Wireless G USB Network Adapter.
      > The Model number is BELKIN F5D7050.
      > The USB Network Adapter looks like a USB Jump drive.
      > BELKIN is not giving a chipsets.
      > Where do I get the software to install my Wireless device?
      > How do I install this software?
      >
      > The BELKIN installation CD works for Windows XP pro.
      > Do I need to buy another Wireless G USB Network Adapter
      > that works with SuSE LINUX 10.1?
      > What Wireless "B" or "G" Network Adapters work with SuSE LINUX 10.1?
      >
      > Thank You
      > Bob Whitman
      > xboomerx@... <mailto:xboomerx%40yahoo.com>

    • uteck
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
        Have you tried starting Yast2 and going to the network settings and
        see if it is detected?
        If it is not, then you can try installing the Windows driver with Ndiswarapper.

        This thread, http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic37764-15.html has a response
        from Belkin about finding the Linux drivers for the card, but they
        don;t make any promise that they will work since they are unofficial.

        --
        no .sig found
        Please restart your browser.