Install BELKIN Wireless G USB Network Adapter on my system?

  • Bob Whitman
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
      I installed SuSE LINUX 10.1
      on my computer with Windows XP pro.
      My system is Dell Dimension 2350 with a WD 250GB drive.
      Trying to install my BELKIN Wireless G USB Network Adapter.
      The Model number is BELKIN F5D7050.
      The USB Network Adapter looks like a USB Jump drive.
      BELKIN is not giving a chipsets.
      Where do I get the software to install my Wireless device?
      How do I install this software?

      The BELKIN installation CD works for Windows XP pro.
      Do I need to buy another Wireless G USB Network Adapter
      that works with SuSE LINUX 10.1?
      What Wireless "B" or "G" Network Adapters work with SuSE LINUX 10.1?

      Thank You
      Bob Whitman
      xboomerx@...
    • Robert Spilleboudt
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
        look at this
        http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/wireless/#pid81766
        Robert

        Bob Whitman wrote:

        > I installed SuSE LINUX 10.1
        > on my computer with Windows XP pro.
        > My system is Dell Dimension 2350 with a WD 250GB drive.
        > Trying to install my BELKIN Wireless G USB Network Adapter.
        > The Model number is BELKIN F5D7050.
        > The USB Network Adapter looks like a USB Jump drive.
        > BELKIN is not giving a chipsets.
        > Where do I get the software to install my Wireless device?
        > How do I install this software?
        >
        > The BELKIN installation CD works for Windows XP pro.
        > Do I need to buy another Wireless G USB Network Adapter
        > that works with SuSE LINUX 10.1?
        > What Wireless "B" or "G" Network Adapters work with SuSE LINUX 10.1?
        >
        > Thank You
        > Bob Whitman
        > xboomerx@... <mailto:xboomerx%40yahoo.com>

      • uteck
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
          Have you tried starting Yast2 and going to the network settings and
          see if it is detected?
          If it is not, then you can try installing the Windows driver with Ndiswarapper.

          This thread, http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic37764-15.html has a response
          from Belkin about finding the Linux drivers for the card, but they
          don;t make any promise that they will work since they are unofficial.

          --
          no .sig found
          Please restart your browser.