Related to Linux monitoring tools

  • vadi raj
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2006
      Respected Sir/Madam,

      My name Vadiraj and I am working as a system administrator & also fresher in this field.
      I am facing lot of problem in understand performance monitoring issue. I am reading man page of below mention command but still I am not able to utilize those command properly, Due to that my work becoming every day difficult.
      Can any one kindly help me by giving proper link/PDF/Suggest some books or guidance in understanding these things?
      It will be great help so that I can work properly
      Here is a list of various Linux monitoring tools which I need help form you peoples
      Tools:
      top, vmstat, sar, ps, pstree, ipcs
      CPU:
      top, mpstat, tload, /proc/cpuinfo, x86info
      Memory:
      free, /proc/meminfo, slabtop, /proc/slabinfo, ipcs
      I/O:
      iostat, vmstat, sar

      Waiting for your guideline

      Thanks and regards,
      Vadiraj

    • Chad Sutton
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2006
        On Sunday 22 October 2006 10:07 am, vadi raj wrote:
        I would look at http://www.groundworkopensource.com/. They use all open source
        software and provide it all for free (no support however). You can purchase
        support from them, which is still far cheaper than most other monitoring
        solutions.

        Try out the free version and see how you like it. Its all web based and
        graphical. I'm very impressed with what they are doing.

        --
        Later,
        Chad Sutton