Re: [linux-dell-laptops] 50-line mode for text mode (bash)

  • IbericoVespucio
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2006
      Respondiendo a Alan Meyer [[linux-dell-laptops] 50-line mode for text mode (bash)], del 19 de octubre de 2006 a las 22:28:05 (-0000)

      > I'm running a text-mode-only install (bash) on my 8600 (Debian 3.1r3)
      > and I want to get a larger text screen than the default 25 line mode
      > (say 50 line mode)

      Try with

      vga=795

      as boot parameter. You can add it in lilo.conf as:

      ----------------8<----------------------------------------------------
      image=/vmlinuz
      label=Linux
      read-only
      initrd=/initrd.img
      append="apm=off acpi=on resume=/dev/hda5" #for swsuspend
      vga=795
      ---------------->8----------------------------------------------------

      For grub should be something similar.

      Cheers,

      Ángel.

      --
      ibericovespucio
      @...

      "Lo peor no es cometer un error, sino tratar de justificarlo, en
      vez de aprovecharlo como aviso providencial de nuestra ligereza
      o ignorancia." (Santiago Ramón y Cajal)
    • Douglas S. Oliver
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2006
        Yes, I don't use Debian, but on my Slackware i8600 my lilo.conf file has numerous display settings available. They are all commented out. I would just need to un comment the one I want to try, and then run /sbin/lilo. As suggested below, you can do this at boot time. I used the list in my lilo.conf file to get an idea what some of my options were. Good luck. --Douglas